QQI L.5 in Health Service Skills
This Course will give you the qualification needed to work as a healthcare assistant in a variety of healthcare settings. It also provides you with the opportunity to progress to third level to study healthcare or social care.
We work with the HSE and other healthcare agencies to ensure that we prepare our students with the required abilities and skills that will allow them to enter into employment after graduation.
Certification: QQI level 5 Award in Health Service Skills (5M3782)
- Care Skills
- Care Support
- Palliative Care Support
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Understanding Mental Health
- Work Experience
- Care of the Older Person
- First Aid Responder
- Patient Moving and Handling
- Assignment Preparation
Places available: 12
Course Requirements: Garda Vetting will be required for work experience. For those with English as a second language, a good standard of both written and spoken English is required.
- Employment as a Healthcare Assistant either in home care or in nursing home care
- Further Education: Specialise in a specific area, for example a QQI Level 5 in Pre-Nursing
- Third Level Education: Apply directly to an undergraduate degree or to Access Programmes in institutions such as UCD, Trinity College or Carlow IT.