QQI L.5 in Community Health Services
This course will give you the qualification needed to work under supervision in a range of community health service settings or to progress to third level.
We work with the HSE and other healthcare and community care agencies to ensure that we prepare our students with the required abilities and skills that will allow them to enter into employment after graduation.
Certification: QQI level 5 Award in Health Service Skills (5M4468)
- Care Support
- Palliative Care Support
- Work Experience
- Safety and Health at Work
- Word Processing
- Understanding Mental Health
- Care of the Older Person
- First Aid Responder
- Patient Moving and Handling
- Assignment Preparation
Places available: 12
Course Requirements: Garda Vetting will be required for work experience. For those with English as a second language, a good standard of both written and spoken English is required.
- Employment as a Healthcare Assistant or Community Carer.
- Further Education: Specialise in a specific area.
- Third Level Education: Apply directly to an undergraduate degree or to Access Programmes in institutions such as UCD, Trinity College or Carlow IT.